If your V380 camera encounters a wifi camera offline/disconnect problem, in general it can automatically reconnect. However, if your camera is often offline, how do you get back online? You can try the following methods:
1. Move the V380 camera closer to your router.
2. Even if your wifi camera is not too far from the router, there may be different materials that can block the WiFi signal. Minimize the number of physical obstacles between the camera and the router.
3. Your router must use 2.4GHz frequency mode to be compatible with our v380 camera.
4. Unplug the camera from the power source and reinsert it. Wait for up to 5 minutes for the camera to restart.
5. If the ip camera is still offline, there may be a problem with the home network. You can reset your home router.
6. If the camera is still offline, you can restore the camera's factory settings. You will need to set up the camera again by following the setup instructions in the Quick Start Guide.
7. If the camera cannot connect the WiFi network, you can try a wired Ethernet connection.
8. Make sure DHCP is enabled on the router, otherwise the camera will not automatically obtain an IP address and then join the LAN.
9. If the router has firewall rules, open the ports.
10. Check the firmware update.